Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to access iTunes store

I recently installed the latest version, and now I can not access the iTunes store.
No error, just "accessing iTunes store".
it seems as though iTunes can not access the internet at all. Radio , software update, etc. No error for any of these.
I can get anywhere on the internet from the same computer. I can also access the iTunes store from a PC in on the same network.

any help is appreciated

mac book, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Apr 8, 2008 3:25 AM

27 replies

May 6, 2008 2:07 PM in response to xcanis

Same problem here, just seems to hang once in the store. Apple told me to carry out a complete system re-install, made no difference. Do you have any problem in accessing the main apple site too? It does the same hanging thing at Apple.com, but works with the ip address?????
Let me know if you get anywhere!!!

May 6, 2008 9:06 PM in response to xcanis

Add one more to the list with this complaint.

I have two users on this MacBook Pro. Both use the same iTunes account and both were able to connect to the iTunes Store until today. Now one account works fine but the other cannot connect, not will it synch contacts for this user. (Keeps saying there are no contacts in Address Book when there are.)

So far, none of the usual methods or suggestions has fixed this.

Very frustrating!

May 9, 2008 7:46 AM in response to LisaPal NOLA

Still the same, I have to close iTunes like 5 or times and sometimes I get lucky. But then It will hang when I try to search for music. So Apple is the one losing money since I cant buy anything.
Safari is the same , but at least I have fire fox.
Once again, no one is accountable, they just ignore the problem, and now I see more and more people with the same issue.
I may try the new account though and see if this helps.

May 9, 2008 9:36 AM in response to xcanis

When I'm away from my home ISP, I can NOT access iTunes (no error message, just infinitely trying), while other computers around me can access iTunes.

But when I plug into a ethernet DSL cable, I can suddenly and immediately access iTunes.

Other macs around me can get on using Airport wireless, but not me. I have to plug in. This only happens when I am away from my home ISP (Wildblue). And it only started recently -- perhaps when I upgraded iTunes last??

unable to access iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.