Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to attach pages document to email

I'm trying to attach a pages document to an email, but it won't let me. The title of the document is shaded and it won't let me select it.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Sep 14, 2008 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2008 2:46 PM

Okay, I've figured it out. I had to save it as a word document, or other file type, by going to file and selecting export. Then I was able to select the file for attachment.
6 replies

Sep 15, 2008 1:38 PM in response to MariaVictoria

Pages, and Other iWork documents are not single documents like in other programs. They are actually folders when viewed by the finder or file attach dialogs.

You need to compress the file, as mentioned by someone else, since a Zip file is not viewed in this way and can be attached.

Personally, if your sending Mac to Mac, I prefer Disk images. They do not expand into a new folder or item on the desktop. They open in the sidebar as disks. You can then drag n drop the file where you want it, eject the disk image, and delete the original dmg file.

Jason

how to attach pages document to email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.