Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

D700 support and more: Digital Camera Raw Compat. Update 2.2

This update extends RAW file compatibility for Aperture 2 and iPhoto ’08 for the following cameras:

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS/Kiss Digital F/1000D
Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n
Nikon D700
Olympus EVOLT E-420
Olympus EVOLT E-520
Olympus SP-570
Samsung GX-10
Samsung GX-20
Sony DSLR-A300
Sony DSC-R1

Posted on Sep 16, 2008 1:29 PM

42 replies

Sep 16, 2008 2:14 PM in response to Mike Cohen2

Sigh.

The D90 started to ship in small numbers last week, that means that the final production model's only been available for a few days.

Apple's former speed of raw support updates was slow, the company acknowledged that, said they'd address it. They have released an update today with several very-recently-released cameras, and some legacy support too.

Let's give Apple time to GET the camera before complaining that there isn't support for it?

Sep 16, 2008 2:31 PM in response to Joe Schorr

Problem (possibly) with this new update.

After updating, I opened Aperture and clicked on a RAW file from my Sony A700, and my image initially came up "normally" (looked like the preview) then changed to an UGLY magenta cast. I couldn't get rid of it. Only happened on RAW files.

RECOMMEND YOU NOT UPDATE. Will file a feedback.

Sep 17, 2008 9:56 AM in response to Scintilone De Zordo

Pistol -
Sounds like the Sony A700 images you have are not regular uncompressed ARW raw files but cRAW compressed ARW files? The shots of my camera look like what you are seeing but only the arw files shot with the cRAW setting in the camera. If you don't otherwise need what is in DCRCU 2.2 then go back to the previews raw support on your system -

Delete the file: System/Library/CoreServices/RawCamera.bundle then (re)install the previous version.

Get the previous version here:
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/digitalcamerarawcompatibilityupdate21.htm l

Scintilone -
Are you downloading by connecting the camera directly via cable? If so, remove the media card and put it in a reader. See if that works better for you. It has for others with Nikons....

D700 support and more: Digital Camera Raw Compat. Update 2.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.