Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Agfa ScanWise cannot find Colorsync System Profile

Another casualty in Snow Leopard. My Agfa Scanner uses Scanwise 2.1fc2 (the last from Agfa). It worked OK in Leopard.

Now when it starts I get" ScanWise can not find the current ColorSync System Profile. Please recalibrate your monitor or select another system profile with the ColorSync Control Panel".

24" iMac 3.06GHz 4GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 1, 2009 7:04 AM

36 replies

Sep 6, 2009 10:15 AM in response to jganse

I'm fiddling around too long already.
What might I haven't found jet?
Found the binary, installed in
firmware /usr/local/share/sane/snapscan/SnapScan 1212U_2.bin
# For USB scanners also specify bus=usb, e.g.
/dev/usb/scanner0 bus=usb

So, what did I wrong. Neither GraphicConverter nor Image Capture find the scanner.

Sep 6, 2009 5:03 PM in response to D Anderson

Here's exactly what I did to get TWAIN SANE Interface to work:
--Go to TWAIN SANE Interface site: http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/
--Download the (1) libusb, (2) SANE backends, (3) SANE preference pane, (4) TWAIN SANE interface binary packages for Snow Leopard
--Grab the FAQ on that page too ( http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/faq.html)
--Install the packages in the order above just by double-clicking them
--Open the FAQ file and read it!
--Launch the Terminal, and type the following to scan: scanimage --format tiff > test.tiff
--A tiff file of your document will be scanned and stored in your Home folder

According to the page, you should be able to get your scanner to work within Word, Graphic Converter, etc., but I haven't figured that out yet. For now, I'm just happy that I can scan again. Nice to know that something like the SANE project is out there...

Sep 7, 2009 11:56 AM in response to ozett

ozett wrote:
jganse wrote:
--Open the FAQ file and read it!

Super-Tip! Etwas genauer wird dankend angenommen.
Irgendwo hängt es und es sieht aus, es läge am USB. System-Profiler erkennt den Scanner, SANE nicht.

sorry, wrong language.
Something more specific than "FAQ file and read it!" would be appreciated.
There is a problem with USB. Systemprofiler knows Produkt-ID and Maker. SANE doesn't see anything.

Agfa ScanWise cannot find Colorsync System Profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.