Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

firmware 3.1.1 and macally ivoice microphones

hello,
i can see in some forums that since firmware 3.1.1 update the macally ivoice III microphone does not work anymore (message "This accessory is not supported on this device"). i don't know the behaviour with macally ivoice pro, can someone provide feedback ?

i am very unhappy about this.
1st gen ipod touch needs this mic as there is no jack input
what happens ?

ipod touch 1st gen, iPhone OS 2.x

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 7:10 AM

27 replies

Oct 15, 2009 12:54 AM in response to corbeilu

Yeah I contacted Bottle Rocket LLC they made VoxiePro etc. Bottle rocket even wrote a blog about me (-Special thanx to Skatt4u "Voxie goes old school for 1st gens")when I convinced them to support 1st gens when 2.2FW made it possible to use the iVoice3 without the need to jailbreak.

Since 3.1.1FW & 3.1.2FW came out the Mic support is unsupported. And my friends at Bottle Rocket won't contact me. I'd say it's official. Apple wants all of us 1st gens to die out, and to stop using Fring, Voip, Skype at coffee shops, stealing wifi to make phone calls and avoiding over priced AT&T cell phone plans. The end is neigh.

Oct 24, 2009 4:41 PM in response to cbod

To CBOD: Yes, I tried with Skype on my 1st gen iPod Touch, and MacAlly iVoice III. It doesn't work, it used to work with prior 2.x firmware series.

Waiting with hope for 3.1.3 to bring a fix. Anyone would know when this is due?

And the worse part: it's not clear whether this is a bug (in which case there is hope for a fix) or if Apple just decided to block the functionality.

firmware 3.1.1 and macally ivoice microphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.