Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Locked Forever??

~I havent used my ipod touch in a while i plugged it in today and looked on the screen and said it could connect due to having a password... which then i looked at my ipod and it said this....

Ipod is disabled
try again in 20757933 minutes

What the **** is going on here??

Help please??

Samsung r60, Windows XP

Posted on Oct 6, 2009 1:35 PM

15 replies

Oct 6, 2009 2:25 PM in response to ric926

Yes, a restore can be done from any computer but it completely wipes the phone and installs the latest firmware. Since they don't have your backup, you don't have to worry about any personal info that was on the phone, assuming you had Passcode Lock enabled for the whole phone, not just Restrictions.

Message was edited by: paulcb

Oct 7, 2009 7:10 AM in response to TWSniper

TWSniper wrote:
Please refer to earlier post.. I cannot access my Ipod through i tunes???

Are you asking a question or making a statement? Earlier you said you could connect. When you connect your ipod to your computer and launch itunes does it show up as a connected device in itunes or not? If so what happens when you try to do a restore from itunes?

Oct 8, 2009 3:19 AM in response to TWSniper

See this article: "iPhone and iPod touch: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen" http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212
If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device on the computer that was used to originally sync the iPhone or iPod touch so that you can reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup). If you restore on a different computer that was never synced to the iPhone or iPod touch, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode but your data will not be present. Refer to "Updating and restoring iPhone and iPod touch software." http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Ipod Locked Forever??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.