Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I batch Convert from 32 to 24 bit

Is it with Wave burner if so, Please let me know. When i use Waveburner it does it to 16 bits. Please help. Thank you! These samples are for eventual use inside EXS

iMac intel Duo Core 2.4, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 4 gig, Motu MkII, Krk Vxt6

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 4:31 PM

23 replies

Oct 15, 2009 5:44 AM in response to OneKenna

Waveburner converts any audio it can read to 16 bits 44.1 Khz PCM. That is what it is made for.
However, the iTunes method will deliver the +exact same+ results, in terms of audio quality. I would rather do it in iTunes, as Waveburner is purely designed to burn industry compliant audio CD's. But if it just that you know your way around WB better, there is no objection to using it.
You could also try Compressor - supposedly it can (batch-) convert any audio to any other audio.

regards, Erik.

Oct 15, 2009 8:49 AM in response to Eriksimon

Hi

And iTunes is easier to use for this. My method: Using Finder, I drag my main iTunes folder (the one I use for listening to radio and such that contains all related playlists and folders) out of the Music folder to anyplace else. Then launch iTunes. It creates a new empty iTunes folder automatically, and iTunes is starting from a clean slate. *After setting iTunes conversion to .aif* I then drag the 32bit batch files into iTunes then click on convert. This way my files are located in an uncluttered location - the newly created iTunes folder (and subfolders). After I'm done, and have dragged my converted files to their ultimate destination, I then get rid of the new iTunes folder and drag the original (main) iTunes folder back into the Music folder. When iTunes is then launched, all of your original Library and Playlists will be there. You can create an Applescript preset to do the folder switching if one wanted to streamline the process.

Cheers.

Oct 15, 2009 1:36 PM in response to OneKenna

Hi there,

Sorry to hijack the thread. I may misunderstand but I thought I would try.

I think you want to go to Preferences > Import then "import using" (which ever suits your needs), then "setting" and select "custom" and there you can choose sample rate etc.

Good luck,

Jay

Message was edited by: NoteFarm

Message was edited by: NoteFarm because I re-read my own post and it made no sense.

Message was edited by: NoteFarm

How do I batch Convert from 32 to 24 bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.