Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VST Plugins For Garageband

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know of any vst plugins that work with garageband?

Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 16, 2010 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2010 11:51 AM

airchair wrote:
does anyone know of any vst plugins that work with garageband?

none, GB only supports AUs, here are some:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/PluginsAUEffects.html
19 replies

Feb 18, 2010 10:16 AM in response to HangTime

Ok smart guy, so explain why certain VST's (such as Crystal synth and Amplitube) work with Garageband as VST's and NOT AU's??? Must mean that SOME VST's WILL work on Garageband, although only after much trial and error...

I have a picture that unfortunately I can't seem to upload, but it shows Crystal AND Amplitube as VSTS inside the VST folder of the plugins under audio, under library... library--->audio--->plugins--->vst's

don't tell me they are AU'S in disguise....

Feb 18, 2010 10:55 AM in response to HangTime

Oh, I'm sorry, did I offend you? I still don't understand how people take things to heart on forums or on the internet for that matter... jeez...

No, I don't "expect" a response to 'that'... I already know the answer - but next time, when you're unsure of something, check twice before giving out answers like that. There ARE some vst's that work with Garageband. Period.

I'm a sarcastic *******, bite me.

VST Plugins For Garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.