Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Issues

I picked up my 64gb WiFi model at the Apple Store today and before I left I decided to take advantage of the in-store set up and upon them activating the device in iTunes I immediately noticed 4 dead pixels. I showed them to e Apple Employee and he went a got a Genius and they captured the device and exchanged it for me. The replacement unit was fine and had zero dead or stuck pixels, but after taking it home and playing with it for several hours all of a sudden I now have a solid vertical green line of stuck pixels.

The Apple Store is now closed and I have yet to call Apple Care, but this is not startling out well, and who know how long Apple will take to replace the unit since it is backordered till the 12th.

Posted on Apr 4, 2010 1:35 AM

6 replies

Apr 4, 2010 7:48 AM in response to Marshall Burke

Your best bet is to make a Genius Bar appointment and take it to your local Apple Store. Since the product is less than 14 days old, be sure to bring all of your cables and your box because they will most likely do an in-box replacement with a new product. Keep in mind, the line of pixels is a fault that will require a replacement but a certain number of subpixel anomalies are considered acceptable, and these factors apply to all manufacturers using LCD technology—not just Apple products.

Apr 4, 2010 8:43 AM in response to Marshall Burke

I can feel your pain... This may not make it any better but in mass production this happens... It is possible there is a batch of iPads that got some defects and that your store got a part of all of that batch... same recently happened to the new iMac models...

With this being the 2nd model in 24 hours...they certainly should give you a new retail model...

Also... since you have the 64GB model...maybe the issue is with that model specifically... time will tell...

Display Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.