Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown error 5002.

Since the last iTunes update every time I download an app update I get this message.

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (5002)."

After I click OK the app downloads anyway.

Dell Vostro 1400, Windows 7, iPhone 3G 16GB, iPod video 60GB

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 9:54 AM

19 replies

Apr 6, 2010 8:35 PM in response to Randy Fast

I'm having the same problem and it is so very aggravating!

I have tried all sorts of things I found on Google for past bouts of this problem. I have repaired permissions, re-entered all my account info, etc. Nothing works, it still gives me the 5002 for every single update item. It does download the update app but it either gives the 5002 or makes me enter my name and password about three times then forces me to the account management screen, where I can't find any problems in any of the options. I'm totally stumped and completely sick of it. Although I have had the problem of getting repeatedly and forcibly pushed to the account management screen in the past, it has eventually disappeared without me doing anything. This 5002 problem in addition is new though and all of it has occurred immediately after having updated to iTunes 9.1.

Apr 7, 2010 10:36 AM in response to johnnyboy628

New problem that I didn't notice before. I was going to add an album to my iPhone. I have a playlist that I sync for semi-manual management called "iPhone Music". I've been using this playlist since I first got my original iPhone. This playlist and the one I use for videos also are both gone. No where to be found. If I got to the syncing options in my iPhone sync music is checked but no playlists are selected and the music appears to still be on my iPhone.

Apr 10, 2010 7:57 AM in response to Randy Fast

I hate iTunes 9.1 a lot, I had so many issues since I updated to the latest version first it would not detect my PC as authorized and wanted me to authorize it again, second I would get an error not being able to sync the iphone properly and could not update with Outlook.

And last this stupid (5002) error every time I update an app.... So annoying and I wish they can release a fix really quickly.

Apple is taking the p!ss here, what is this rubish update, every thing is broken in iTunes.

Apr 12, 2010 6:30 PM in response to Randy Fast

Same problem here. I had downloaded the iBooks app although I don't have an iPad. Obviously I can't use it but I was wondering if that could be connected to the issue. I've removed it (iBooks) and waiting for more app updates to test it out. I've never had problems with iTunes and faithfully use Apple products but this update is Rubbish. (Probably a rush job for iPad compatibility)

Unknown error 5002.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.