Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I Unzip files on Ipad

I have just started playing with my ipad and opened a mail with a zipped file attached. The Ipad would not unzip so I went to Maczip and tried to download, everything looked OK, but then I got a message saying Safari could not open the file

Ipad, Mac OS X (10.6.1), PC

Posted on May 3, 2010 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2017 6:29 PM

âž•Go to App Store download third-party apps for viewing, unzipping, and compressing your own zip files.

Here I highly recommend to use Winzip, iZip Pro, and Zip viewer. With these archival zip-unzip apps,

you can easily open zip,rar, and other files on your iPhone and iPad.✅

User uploaded file

24 replies

Jan 27, 2011 12:23 AM in response to Ian Parkinson

Not quite true.
If u install FileBrowser http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filebrowser-access-files-on/id364738545?mt=8
that is really usefull you may download it from safari and save the zip file to the ipad using the File Browser whereever you wish and then further unzip it with appropriate unzipper. You will have a problem with progs, but not with mp3 files etc.

Jan 27, 2011 1:07 AM in response to webbe1g

If you have the appropriate app on the iPad, the zipped file can be sent to that app to be unzipped. For example, someone email you five photos that are zipped. You tap on the zipped file in the email, a pop up window will ask you if you want to open the file in an app, for example the GoodReader app. The file is sent to GoodReader and The app will unzipped the images. The same thing will happen in Safari when trying to open a zipped file.

You must have an app on the ipad that can unzip a file. GoodReader can zip and unzip files.

How can I Unzip files on Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.