Skip navigation

Apple doesn't leave it's buyers in the lurch!

14129 Views 94 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2010 10:49 AM by alanpgh RSS
1 2 3 ... 7 Previous Next
alanpgh Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 30, 2010 7:46 PM
From a thread that was just deleted, probably because it exceeded 100K in size.

My iPhone 4 works with no antenna problems, as long as I have it in a case. I bought a Body Glive case yesterday, and everything had been great ever sense. Before that the antenna problem was quite bad.

Be patient: Apple will do the right thing.
In the mean time, get a 29.00 iPhone 4 case from a local AT&T Store.
Or, online for $22.

Also, appreciate that based on their history,
Apple will make it right.

No, I do not work for Apple, AT&T, or Body Glove.

But, putting the iPhone 4 changed everything!
Works 100% now in last 28 hours since buying the case here in the Pittsburgh area.

Just trying to help!

Alan
iPhone 4, 32Gig, iOS 4
  • 2Face Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jun 30, 2010 7:52 PM (in response to alanpgh)
    I'm using a ifrogz super thin case - the one with the slats in the side - even as thin as it is I have no issues with the antenna with the case on.

I bought 4 iphone 4s. 3 of them (my wife and kids' phones) do not have the "antenna issue". Mine, however, is virtually identical to all the you-tube videos you've seen. Grab it in the death grip and watch the bars reduce. Put it in the case, however, and no issue at all.

I had 3 iPhone 3gs and now 4 iPhone 4s. Love them all and this issue to me is overblown. I'm sure it will get fixed but there is no way I'd use this phone without some sort of case, however, thin anyway.

The battery issues is more puzzling though. I'm getting about middling battery life - not terrible by any means - but not 38 hours like Mossberg and others reported.
    Mac OS X (10.5.4)
  • rrahimi Level 3 Level 3 (615 points)
    Jun 30, 2010 8:08 PM (in response to alanpgh)
    Avoid holding it that way, try like this:

http://i.imgur.com/h9UDd.png
    MBP 2.2 GHz Core2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Thinkpad T60p, iPhone 3G 16GB Black , iPod Nano 2g 4GB Silver
  • USBSlave Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Jun 30, 2010 8:19 PM (in response to alanpgh)
    So what about when a case doesn't improve your data situation and it still drops like crazy. Should I continue praising Apple then?
    HP, Windows 7
  • deggie Level 8 Level 8 (44,870 points)
    Jun 30, 2010 8:29 PM (in response to USBSlave)
    No, you should make a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple Store and have them look at it. You may have a broken antenna.
    MacPro Dual Core 2.66 Ghz, MacBook Pro 15", iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.6.4), AEXs, Red 2G & 5G Nano, Red Shuffle, 160 GB Classic, Apple TV
  • Tom Beardmore Calculating status...
    Jun 30, 2010 8:30 PM (in response to alanpgh)
    I appreciate and respect your post, alanpgh, but as a person who has been buying (and evangelizing) Apple products since the Apple //e in 1982, would someone please explain to me why I should be paying my own money to buy a case to remedy a significant product design problem?

To me - and with all respect to Apple - this should have been caught during the alpha prototyping phase. Apple needs to fix this.

No disrepect intended to anyone on this forum or to you, but seriously... I dont' see any reason why I should be expected to spend even $1 to fix a design flaw in the iPhone 4.
    iMac Duo Core 20", MacBook Duo Core, iPhone 3G (16GB), AppleTV, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • USBSlave Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Jun 30, 2010 8:34 PM (in response to deggie)
    Oh well I appreciate the suggestion however I have been through two iPhone 4s and three sims and the issues continue...
    HP, Windows 7
  • treyprice04 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Jun 30, 2010 8:44 PM (in response to alanpgh)
    So are you telling me to go buy a $30 case and then Apple will make it right by...coming out with a free fix for the phone?
    Custom, Windows 7
  • daddave2 Level 1 Level 1 (125 points)
    Jun 30, 2010 9:13 PM (in response to alanpgh)
    And the case is very sexy too!
    Mac Air, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • rrahimi Level 3 Level 3 (615 points)
    Jul 1, 2010 8:36 AM (in response to USBSlave)
    How many more iPhones do you want to go through? It's by design and the solution is to "Hold Differently!"
    MBP 2.2 GHz Core2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Thinkpad T60p, iPhone 3G 16GB Black , iPod Nano 2g 4GB Silver
  • teach5 Level 1 Level 1 (100 points)
    Jul 1, 2010 8:52 AM (in response to alanpgh)
    Yes, Apple does leave its buyers in the lurch and customer service both over the phone and at the store are awful. Apple has really gone downhill since I bought my first computer from them.
    Mac OS X (10.4.10)
1 2 3 ... 7 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.