Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac slow to wake from sleep on Mojave

HI, I have an iMac 2013, I installed Mojave, now every time my iMac goes to sleep, which is way too often, I have to wait a long time for bluetooth to connect. My trackpad can be connected with a lightening cable, but even then it takes forever for the computer to recognise it. I have to stimulate it by turning the track pad off and on several times, as well as the keyboard. This has been going on since I updated to Mojave when it first came out. The problem existed before in High Sierra, but subsequent updates eventually sorted it all out. I'm disappointed to see that we are back to where we started with the bluetooth sleep wake problem. Ideas ?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 1:44 PM

Greetings, Paula.

I see that it takes quite a long while for your iMac to wake from sleep. This is causing an issue connecting your Bluetooth devices, and I'm happy to help.

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected -- Review the information and apply the steps provided in this article.

If the previous steps don't work

These additional steps may help identify or resolve the issue: 

Reset the SMC.

Reset NVRAM.

Disconnect external devices other than your Apple keyboard, mouse, and display. If that resolves the issue, gradually reconnect your devices, testing each time, until you find the device that is interfering with sleep. Then check the documentation that came with the device, or contact the device manufacturer.

Start up in Safe Mode to see if the issue is related to non-Apple startup items, login items, or kernel extensions. 

Try to isolate the issue by using another user account

If you still see the issue, contact Apple Support.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2018 1:44 PM in response to Paula Gaubert

Greetings, Paula.

I see that it takes quite a long while for your iMac to wake from sleep. This is causing an issue connecting your Bluetooth devices, and I'm happy to help.

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected -- Review the information and apply the steps provided in this article.

If the previous steps don't work

These additional steps may help identify or resolve the issue: 

Reset the SMC.

Reset NVRAM.

Disconnect external devices other than your Apple keyboard, mouse, and display. If that resolves the issue, gradually reconnect your devices, testing each time, until you find the device that is interfering with sleep. Then check the documentation that came with the device, or contact the device manufacturer.

Start up in Safe Mode to see if the issue is related to non-Apple startup items, login items, or kernel extensions. 

Try to isolate the issue by using another user account

If you still see the issue, contact Apple Support.

Take care!

iMac slow to wake from sleep on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.