Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No bluetooth wakeup?

Hi everybody, and thanks in advance for all the help you will provide.

After updating to BigSur (11.0.1) I have started noticing that the computer doesn't wake up anymore from sleep using Bluetooth devices (either keyboard or mouse).

Contacted Apple support multiple times, double and triple checked the Energy Saver, Bluetooth sections in System preferences, reset PRAM and SMC, but... nothing.

Still have to use the on/off button on the back to wake the machine up from sleep. Every time.

It worked perfectly with any version of Catalina.

Do you have any suggestions? Am I the only one experiencing this?

Thanks,

EM

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019), 3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 5:09 AM

Hi LoZioGano,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, your Mac isn't waking after putting it in Sleep mode when you have a Bluetooth accessory connected to it, do we have that right? You may need to change your sleep preferences. Check out this article: If your Mac won’t go to or stay in sleep. Do you have "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" turned on in the System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced?

Hope that helps!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 5:09 AM in response to LoZioGano

Hi LoZioGano,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, your Mac isn't waking after putting it in Sleep mode when you have a Bluetooth accessory connected to it, do we have that right? You may need to change your sleep preferences. Check out this article: If your Mac won’t go to or stay in sleep. Do you have "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" turned on in the System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced?

Hope that helps!

No bluetooth wakeup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.