Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to press power button to wake up / Macbook searches for bluetooth keyboard

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) running Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2).

Out of nowhere my Mac doesn't wake up without having to press the power button. It doesn't matter for how long it goes to sleep. (I've tried waking it up after 1 min of closing the lid). It won't wake up with any other method. I've checked my Energy Saving settings and checked and unchecked options, but nothing changed.

Also, with this same problem, if there's no Internet connection or it's idle, after waking it up it takes up to 30 seconds looking for a bluetooth keyboard, where I can not move anything until it's done.

This is extremely annoying and it came out of nowhere. Please help, I've searched several forums and I am aware this is happening to a lot of people, but can't seem to find a correct way to fix this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 5:31 AM

Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Resetting the system management controller (SMC) can resolve certain issues related to power, battery, fans, and other features.

Startup in Safe mode. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

To leave Safe Mode, click  in the menu bar and choose “Restart”

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 5:31 AM in response to xxSibeliusxx

Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Resetting the system management controller (SMC) can resolve certain issues related to power, battery, fans, and other features.

Startup in Safe mode. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

To leave Safe Mode, click  in the menu bar and choose “Restart”

Need to press power button to wake up / Macbook searches for bluetooth keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.