Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mojave won't start in safe mode

Trying to start Mojave in Safe Mode using shift key, but it freezes during startup. I've searched the web and the only thing I can find is that Mojave will not start in safe mode if using Filevault, but that can't possibly be right, can it?

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro Retina (2015 and later)

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 4:18 PM

From the article it says I’d encrypt with file vault, you might be ask to log in twice.

do you get messsage on screen? If so, screenshot please.

https://support.apple.com/lv-lv/HT201262

Start up in safe mode

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2018 4:18 PM in response to Phlac

From the article it says I’d encrypt with file vault, you might be ask to log in twice.

do you get messsage on screen? If so, screenshot please.

https://support.apple.com/lv-lv/HT201262

Start up in safe mode

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

mojave won't start in safe mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.