Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Edition (original) random music (purchased) not working

I own a Apple Watch Edition (model number: MLC82X/A), and have transferred an iTunes purchased music playlists to the device. When I attempt to play the playlist in random mode, it only plays straight through the playlist (you can only listen to so much of The Best of The Bee Gees after listen to Aha). As this watch is abandoned, and presumingly, the watchOS is also, has anyone come up with a solution to this issue.

Also on another note, I can only get to a functional music app by clicking through to the open app screen (with all of the app buttons). When I click on the music link on the home screen (watch face) it leads me to a song which isn’t playing and the music app doesn’t work.

If anyone can help me on either of these issues, it would be helpful.

Apple Watch Edition

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 2:30 PM

Hi UNsyncED,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're unable to get the Music app on your Apple Watch to play your playlist in random order, and when you try to open the app from the watch face you're taken to a song that isn't playing and the app will not respond. I know how convenient it is to use these features on your Apple Watch; I'd like to help. First, I'd recommend closing the Music app on your Apple Watch, then restart both your watch and iPhone:

• Apple Watch: With the app open, press and hold the side button to show the power options. Then press and hold the Digital Crown to quit the app.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

If the issue continues after those steps, I'd suggest using these steps to unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone, then set them up again and test: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2018 2:30 PM in response to UNsyncED

Hi UNsyncED,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're unable to get the Music app on your Apple Watch to play your playlist in random order, and when you try to open the app from the watch face you're taken to a song that isn't playing and the app will not respond. I know how convenient it is to use these features on your Apple Watch; I'd like to help. First, I'd recommend closing the Music app on your Apple Watch, then restart both your watch and iPhone:

• Apple Watch: With the app open, press and hold the side button to show the power options. Then press and hold the Digital Crown to quit the app.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

If the issue continues after those steps, I'd suggest using these steps to unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone, then set them up again and test: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Watch Edition (original) random music (purchased) not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.