Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app really slow to move messages, open the content, etc

Good afternoon all,

I've looked around in the community about this problem, but I couldn't find a solution for it. Maybe today explaining better the situation, I can find someone who found a solution.

I have 5 iMacs, with High Sierra. All computers started slowing down the mail app. The first thing I tried was, erasing the hard drive and installed fresh installation of High Sierra. When I finished the installation, I went straight to the mail app and added the email account. Started downloading messages. It's been 3 days downloading messages, and it seems to be downloading in loop. Well, the mail app is slowwww.

I have tried rebuilding, but no success so far.

All computers use the same email account. All computers I receive and send the same emails.

It is a @gmail account.

I thing I gave all information basically. If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know.

Thank you

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 9:32 AM

Do you have any anti-virus programs installed on all the iMacs? Try the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2018 9:32 AM in response to LuizToledo

Do you have any anti-virus programs installed on all the iMacs? Try the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Mail app really slow to move messages, open the content, etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.