Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mail having issues with importing Google mail, keeps disappearing

I am using Apple Mail program to import my messages from several accounts. Google mail imports have been an issue lately whenever the computer goes into sleep mode and sometimes just on screensavers. I am on a iMac Intel running 10.15.6. Sometimes when I wake the computer and open mail the Google folder is empty even tho I may have several hundred messages in the folder. Other times the folder is completely gone. If I quit Mail and restart it sometimes it comes back but sometimes I have to restart the program several times to get my messages back. It is only doing this with the Google account. Any ideas on what is going on? Thanks.

iMac 21.5″, 10.13

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 12:09 PM

Hey nkplt,

We understand you're having some issues with your Gmail account in the Mail app on macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

Given that the issue is isolated to your Gmail account, it would be best to remove the account from your mail accounts and add it back, as Gmail emails are preconfigured IMAP accounts, which means that all the emails are stored on the server, not downloaded to your Mac locally.

You won't need to worry about any data loss because of this. For help with this, please check out:

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

We hope this info helps out!

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 12:09 PM in response to nkplt

Hey nkplt,

We understand you're having some issues with your Gmail account in the Mail app on macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

Given that the issue is isolated to your Gmail account, it would be best to remove the account from your mail accounts and add it back, as Gmail emails are preconfigured IMAP accounts, which means that all the emails are stored on the server, not downloaded to your Mac locally.

You won't need to worry about any data loss because of this. For help with this, please check out:

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

We hope this info helps out!

Take care.

Apple mail having issues with importing Google mail, keeps disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.