Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2018 screen flickers on full screen when watching videos

Whenever I click on full screen to watch Netflix on my MacBook Air the screen starts to flicker and it stops as soon as I exit full screen

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 4:50 PM

Hello suhaila89.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are experiencing screen flickering with the MacBook Air while watching video. I use my MacBook to watch video as well, and I will be glad to assist.

Let's start by performing an SMC reset to see if it corrects this. Here's how: How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Next, boot up in safe mode. This helps isolate, if not resolve issues: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Additionally, test this in an another user account to see if the problem is user specific: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2018 4:50 PM in response to suhaila89

Hello suhaila89.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are experiencing screen flickering with the MacBook Air while watching video. I use my MacBook to watch video as well, and I will be glad to assist.

Let's start by performing an SMC reset to see if it corrects this. Here's how: How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Next, boot up in safe mode. This helps isolate, if not resolve issues: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Additionally, test this in an another user account to see if the problem is user specific: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers.

MacBook Air 2018 screen flickers on full screen when watching videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.