Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two apple ID’s but the one I want doesn’t have all my stuff saved, how do I do this?

I have the Apple ID on my phone with one of my older emails, my iPad has a different Apple ID with my new email. I’m getting a MacBook tomorrow, and I want to be able to have all my devices under the same Apple ID, but i want my new email to be the ID for all. I tried to just change my Apple ID on the one I use for my phone and it said I can’t use it. I assume because it’s already in use. How do I delete that one from my IPad so I can just change my email on the one I have all my stuff saved to. I just don’t want to lose my contacts and all the stuff on my phone. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 3:11 PM

3 replies

Dec 10, 2018 7:02 AM in response to SoniXLuv08

There may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos and/or in Photos/Preferences/iCloud. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device/computer. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. Also set up Family Sharing to keep access to your apps/purchases. Also see Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another

Apple ID email address or password - What to do after you change

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Family Sharing -What types of content can I share?

Family Sharing - If you don‘t see your family‘s shared content

Family Sharing - purchases and payments

Family Sharing - Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books

I have two apple ID’s but the one I want doesn’t have all my stuff saved, how do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.