Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X 10.4.4 glitches/artefacts with High Sierra 10.13.6

Hi All,

I have been experiencing series purple blocky glitches/artefacts for about the past 2 months, just after some update on my iMac. Cant remember if it was FCP X update or the OS.

The glitches are also seen as a grey camouflage effect on various parts of the image. I see all the same effect when viewing the file in Quicktime and also space-preview in the finder. The only way to remove them is to re-copy the original footage from the memory card back over to my HDD and then re-import back into FCP X.

Reported this to Apple a few months back and never heard a thing. Googling, I have found many comments similar but Apple have not fixed this for over a year now.

Please FIX!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 3:29 PM

So I found a short term repair for this, may help other users. If you right click on the glitch file and 'Reveal in Finder' it will take you to an 'Original Media' folder where the glitch file will live. You need to copy your original files back over the top of this glitch file in the 'Original Media' folder. Then re-import back into FCP X.

Have just spoken to an Apple Pro Apps support team member and he didnt have a solution other than upgrade to Mojave or a new computer. So for now Ill do the above 'fix'.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2018 3:29 PM in response to clarkysdonga

So I found a short term repair for this, may help other users. If you right click on the glitch file and 'Reveal in Finder' it will take you to an 'Original Media' folder where the glitch file will live. You need to copy your original files back over the top of this glitch file in the 'Original Media' folder. Then re-import back into FCP X.

Have just spoken to an Apple Pro Apps support team member and he didnt have a solution other than upgrade to Mojave or a new computer. So for now Ill do the above 'fix'.

FCP X 10.4.4 glitches/artefacts with High Sierra 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.