Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad will not display images in safari

I’m currently running iOS 12 on my iPad & my iPhone X ...

When I [try to] read publications on Safari with imbedded images - the pictures don’t load as they normally do. I’ve looked at all the various Safari settings but I can’t find one that would account for this behaviour.

Here’s a URL not showing images ...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1017/3257/files/Globe_227.pdf?2842368904297362006

Regards

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 11, 2018 4:08 AM

7 replies

Dec 12, 2018 3:46 PM in response to lez99

Hello lez99,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I see you're running into an issue with images in Safari.

Does this happen with every website?

There are some great steps that may help with this here: If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

You mentioned it's happening on two devices. If you test on your iPhone X using Wi-Fi, and then test again using just cellular data, do you notice a difference?

You might also try clearing your history and website data, and then testing again. To do this, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data. Then, Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and give it a try.

To look at another possibility, are you running iOS 12 under Settings > General > About, or iOS 12.1.1? If you're running a version earlier than 12.1.1, I recommend making a backup and then updating. Here's How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Updating may help to clear up issues with websites and Safari.

I hope this helps you.

Kind regards.

Dec 13, 2018 11:07 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks for your help.

I’d already tried most of your suggestions (and now the rest) but to know avail.

Have you been able to see any of the pictures of Diecast models in this document on an iPad/iPhone

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1017/3257/files/Globe_227.pdf

As a ‘footnote’ - if the above file is emailed to me as an .PDF attachment - clicking on, and opening up, the .pdf file from within Mail on the iPad/iPad does not show any images ...

However, if from within the email I force-click on the attachment and open it directly with Adobe Acrobat : all is well !

(I have the same problematical behaviour using Chrome as well as Safari on my iPad. )

And there is no problem seeing images straight from the .pdf on my Windows Laptop.

Ive been reading equivalent documents on my iPad for months without coming across this problem - something changed somewhere ! But I can’t quite put my finger on it. Please help ?

Dec 13, 2018 11:58 AM in response to lez99

Hi there lez99,

Thank you. We appreciate the follow-up information. I tested the URL you provided on an iOS device and saw the same result you described, but it does appear to open as expected on a computer on my end. Since this is happening across several iOS devices/browsers but seems to work in Adobe Acrobat, I recommend getting in touch with Apple directly on this one. You can use this link to Contact Apple Support!

Take care.

ipad will not display images in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.