Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod- activation lock

My son got a new iPod about 3 years ago.he set it up with iCloud account he created. He hasn’t used the iPod for a while. When he tried to use it again he disabled it. I cleared it and rebooted it last night but now it is in activation lock. My son has no clue what the iCloud account was or the password. How can I figure this out or do I just trash the iPod. HELP PLEASE!

Posted on Dec 12, 2018 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2018 6:08 AM

YOu need to figure that out. The iPod needs to be cleared with the apple ID used to set it up.

SOme have said if you have the original purchase receipt you can take that and the ipod into an apple store and they can wipe the device for you. They just need that receipt to know that it’s yours and that they aren’t wiping a stolen device

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2018 6:08 AM in response to Shepardm1

YOu need to figure that out. The iPod needs to be cleared with the apple ID used to set it up.

SOme have said if you have the original purchase receipt you can take that and the ipod into an apple store and they can wipe the device for you. They just need that receipt to know that it’s yours and that they aren’t wiping a stolen device

iPod- activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.