Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing

I have an personal iMac and a work MacBook Air. They apparently have different iTune accounts. My iPhone has synced with my work account for home sharing. How do I change it to my personal iMac which has my library of music?

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 12, 2018 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2018 8:07 PM

Fixed it. Turned off home sharing on laptop. Signed out of Apple ID on phone. Turned off phone and restarted. Signed back in to Apple ID and home sharing... and got the right library from iMac! Woo hoo!

Thanks Phil for your response!

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 12, 2018 8:08 PM in response to Kenrapp343

If both libraries are using the same Apple ID for Home Sharing then you need to select the correct library in the Music App.

In the Library tap in the Music App, there should be a Home Sharing option at the bottom of the list, under Songs, Albums, Artists, Playlists, etc...

Tap that, and there should be a list of available Libraries to choose from.

If the correct library does not appear there, then go to the computer that has the library, and make sure Home Sharing is correctly setup in it.

Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support

Never mind then.

Home sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.