Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phots to desktop

When I try to move a photo from Photos to the desktop it goes to trash

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 1:58 PM

After I updated to Mojave 10.14.2 from 10.14.1, when I try to put a photo on the desktop to send to someone it goes to trash instead of the desktop. The only way I can get it on the desktop is to make an untitled floor, put the photo in it and then move it to the desktop or go to the trash and tell it to "Put back". Then the photo appears on the desktop like normal. Before the update to MacOS 10.14.2 the photo went directly to the desktop. Please explain.

Finally after restarting and reseting the PRAM all woads well.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2018 1:58 PM in response to Old Toad

After I updated to Mojave 10.14.2 from 10.14.1, when I try to put a photo on the desktop to send to someone it goes to trash instead of the desktop. The only way I can get it on the desktop is to make an untitled floor, put the photo in it and then move it to the desktop or go to the trash and tell it to "Put back". Then the photo appears on the desktop like normal. Before the update to MacOS 10.14.2 the photo went directly to the desktop. Please explain.

Finally after restarting and reseting the PRAM all woads well.

Phots to desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.