Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally copied and pasted 10K of photos to the desktop!

Accidentally copied and pasted 10K of photos to the desktop! Now pretty much cannot do anything without it going into the death spin.

Any help will be appreciated.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iMac, iOS 11.4, null

Posted on Oct 29, 2018 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2018 8:16 PM

The instructions I linked to contain the procedure for moving them. If you have an external drive with a full OS X installation, you can restart to it instead, but dragging the files can’t be done from a DVD or the recovery system.

(165508)

5 replies

Oct 29, 2018 6:45 PM in response to Niel

Let me ask you his. We saw on my wifes Mac (identical) that if we selected the harddrive on the desktop, went to users, then to her name, there was a folder called "desktop" which obviously had everything that was on her desktop there.

Is there a way to boot to some utilities either on a dvd or thumb drive and then access the hard drive/user name/desktop and then delete the files?

Im trying to compare with what I know about a Windows PC, but keeping in mind that they are different.

Thanks

Accidentally copied and pasted 10K of photos to the desktop!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.