Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie - How do you adjust photos in a slideshow to a marker i.e snap to beats!??

OMG! This is SO frustrating. All I want to do in IMovie (10.1.10) is set some markers (on the beat) on a tune and then import 50 photos for a slide show and then drag the time length of the photo to fit the markers I've set!

Surely this can be done!? When I drag the end of the clip it starts going crazy with yellow lines adjusting way down the time line...!

All the video tutorials online show a different screen than me but I should be on the latest version. My iMovie says 10.1.10 but when I go for iMovie 11 in the app store the same opens. Otherwise I'd easily get whats on those tutorials. I have the Snapping command in view (N) but not Snap to Marker etc so it seems different.

Please can someone help!?

Thanks!

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 2:09 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no Snap to Beats feature in iMovie 10. However, read my posts in this thread for a workaround:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7424577

-- Rich

5 replies

Dec 19, 2018 8:42 AM in response to andyww

Hi,

With export issues I have found that deleting preferences sometimes solves the problem. Try closing iMovie and then opening it while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can share out a clear photo.

It might also be that the issue is confined to one project. Try placing some of your 5000 resolution photos into a newly created project and sharing out.

If still no luck, try doing this test. Place a photo on your desktop and open it in Preview. From the Preview menu click on Tools/Adjust Size. In the box that appears, lower the long dimension of 5000 to something under 4000, say 2500. Save the photo. Drag it into a newly created iMovie project that has never had any clips in it. Share out that project and see if the photo is clear, not blurry, in full screen view.

-- Rich

iMovie - How do you adjust photos in a slideshow to a marker i.e snap to beats!??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.