Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing?? Please Help

I received a phishing email, which I (stupidly) opened on my phone (which didn't have an antivirus scan until I recently installed one) and now I fear I may have given them what they wanted. I have already changed my password for my email and for my Apple ID but is there anything else I can do to reverse the damage? please help, this is urgent and I can't yet contact support since they are closed.

Thank you

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 14, 2018 1:13 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 14, 2018 1:21 AM in response to stedman1

Thank you for the quick response

This is what I believe I did. They email I received showed a transaction of some sort of $100 Gift card which I didn't authorize.. So I opened it on my phone and I felt that something was weird but I was more concerned with the "gift card" and I tried to cancel it. It led me to what I understand now is the scam site, I remember I had some sort of an issue but I still believe they received the info they needed.. Any tips on what should I do? Let my credit card company know? Change anything else on my Apple ID? Wait and call Apple Support and let them know as well?

Sorry for the long response I'm just really concerned

Thanks again

Phishing?? Please Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.