Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Library won't enable

I have Apple Music and I would like to be able to add music to my library and download songs. Unfortunately, every time I try to enable my iCloud Music library on my iPhone or Mac it says it is unavailable and to try again later. I've tried re-signing into iCloud, deleting Apple Music app and re-downloading, I also tried signing out of the Apple ID on all my devices except my iPhone 8 Plus. I tried updating my phone to iOS 12.1.1 but it still won't work. I was looking forward to using Apple Music but I am becoming very frustrated. I really don't want to have to factory reset my iPhone but if it comes down to it then I will. Please, let me know how to fix this.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 14, 2018 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2018 4:47 PM

Hey kac220,

If I understand correctly, you are not able to enable Apple Music on the iPhone. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

Get help with iCloud Music Library

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2018 4:47 PM in response to kac220

Hey kac220,

If I understand correctly, you are not able to enable Apple Music on the iPhone. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

Get help with iCloud Music Library

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Dec 28, 2018 1:16 PM in response to chris_g1

Thanks so much. I kept trying for a day or two after I posted this and I decided to give it some time because I had just signed up for Apple Music so I figured maybe it was just taking a while to process and enable my iCloud music library. Then after I gave it a day it worked! I haven’t had any problems since. But again, thanks for the effort in trying to help me resolve the issue.

iCloud Music Library won't enable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.