Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud issues

I was unable to access my iCloud Keychain, so I came up with the brilliant idea of signing out of iCloud on my Mac. Now I am unable to sign back into iCloud period. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 11:17 PM

before following the steps make sure you have the Apple ID and password , iCloud id and password , admin password , your gmail address and its password , if you are using air port express the base station passwords in your records .

Open keychain access through spotlight , then open keychain access preferences click on rest my default keychain I have already suggested to take help of apple support advisor you can corrupt the iCloud Keychain and has to reinstall the os a single mistake can create more issues in the keychain .

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2018 11:17 PM in response to MahtinHall

before following the steps make sure you have the Apple ID and password , iCloud id and password , admin password , your gmail address and its password , if you are using air port express the base station passwords in your records .

Open keychain access through spotlight , then open keychain access preferences click on rest my default keychain I have already suggested to take help of apple support advisor you can corrupt the iCloud Keychain and has to reinstall the os a single mistake can create more issues in the keychain .

Dec 15, 2018 10:58 PM in response to MahtinHall

To sign out from iCloud account you must have iCloud Keychain security code in your records , if you don’t remember it , change iCloud Keychain security code from old one to new one as this code has to be filled up in the upcoming steps .

( a ) Open system preferences > iCloud > the box for keychain is checked , click on options , click on change security code .

( b ) Click on security code > enter new code in the fields and click on next , you have to enter the new code for the second time and click on next .

In the next window the country code is written , enter your trusted mobile number …….and click on done .

Again enter your Apple ID password to update your account settings and click on ok , hence the code is changed , so write down this code in a safe place .

How to sign out from iCloud account , then again set up iCloud Keychain .

( a ) Open system preferences > click on iCloud and click on sign out , you can see a window stating do you want to keep a copy of your iCloud data on this Mac before signing out ? The boxes iCloud Drive , contacts , calendars , reminders are checked by default - so click on keep a copy .Immediately click on stop updating and continue , a pop up window will appear are you sure you want to stop updating and continue with sign out ( any documents not updated to iCloud Drive , will be moved to a folder named “ iCloud Drive archive in your home folder on this Mac ) so don’t click on “ cancel “ but " click on continue with sign out .”

Take help with senior level advisors in apple support , you have to reset iCloud Keychain using an iOS device and a Mac simultaneously , what is status of iCloud Keychain in the location system preferences - iCloud is the box checked when you click on option button can you see the country code and your trusted mobile number ? never post the mail address or mobile numbers here and post back what is the status of iCloud Keychain .

See some articles https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203783

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204085

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201232

Dec 15, 2018 10:35 PM in response to MahtinHall

You are in process of signing out from location system preferences - iCloud .

After some time a window will appear showing iCloud lets you access your music , photos , contacts , calendars and more on your devices , automatically , your Apple ID would be written in the field , click on forgot Apple ID or password .

( e ) Please enter your Apple ID to continue .

Your Apple ID is the email address or phone number you use to sign in the iCloud , the apple store to iTunes , your Apple ID will be written in the field .

( 1 ) cancel ( 2 ) continue , so click on continue .

( f ) Select how you want to reset the password .

( 1 ) reset by email .

An email with reset instructions will be sent to your rescue email address .

If you check the box of reset email , a window appears an email has been sent to your rescue mail address ……follow the instructions in the email to reset your password , so click on ok .

You can open the web mail account by entering the rescue mail address and password and click on the link rest password , enter the new Apple ID password and verify it , and finally click on reset password .

In case if you had checked the box of answer security questions .

Answer security questions and change your password now .

( 1 ) cancel ( 2 ) continue , click on continue , a circle rotates .

In the empty fields fill up the credentials and click on continue .

( g ) A pop up window appears .

Enter a new password .

New password …….

Verify password …….

Your password must be at least 8 characters long , include a number an uppercase letter and a lower case letter .Fill up the credentials .

( 1 ) cancel ( 2 ) continue , so click on continue .

Fill up the credentials and click on reset password , the password is changed .

Dec 15, 2018 10:39 PM in response to tygb

It has been stuck doing this for two days now. I already tried changing my password. Originally, I was trying to enable the iCloud Keychain, but kept getting the error message that it couldn't communicate with the iCloud server, so I thought I would sign out & then sign back in. Unfortunately on my Mac, now, I have been locked out. What is weird is that my iTunes is still able to sign in. I am also signed in on my iPad & iPhone.

Dec 15, 2018 11:09 PM in response to tygb

I don't think that you get it. I cannot get to my iCloud Keychain on the Mac, because I cannot log into my iCloud account. If you watch the video, you will see what happens every time I attempt to log in. I have changed my password twice now, so this is clearly not the solution. The Keychain is on with both of my iPhone 8 & my iPad Air 2.

iCloud issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.