Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari lag on macOS Mojave

Hi dear community!

I have a brand new MacBook Pro 13" (no Touch Bar) with 16Gb of RAM and I'm having a bad experience with Safari: it lags and cause high CPU usage in particular while visiting Amazon and YouTube (not while watching video, but in the search bar in particular .. is a pain!).

Again, the computer is brand new, fresh installed and no particular 3th part app. Safari has the following extension enabled:

• ABP Control Panel
  • ABP

Basically just Add Blocker Plus.

I have already cleaned history & cache but no result, same stuff after deleting the content of ˜/Library/Safari. What else can I check/do?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 9:06 AM

Remove the ABP Control panel and extension. Quit Safari and other open applications. Press and hold the shift key when you reboot to venture into Safe Boot mode. Look in your local Library Caches folder for any folder name containing the "safari" string. Drag just these items to the Trash, and reboot normally. After the reboot, empty your Trash, and see if Safari behaves better visiting Amazon or Youtube.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2018 9:06 AM in response to getangar

Remove the ABP Control panel and extension. Quit Safari and other open applications. Press and hold the shift key when you reboot to venture into Safe Boot mode. Look in your local Library Caches folder for any folder name containing the "safari" string. Drag just these items to the Trash, and reboot normally. After the reboot, empty your Trash, and see if Safari behaves better visiting Amazon or Youtube.

Safari lag on macOS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.