Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pdf files from PC to iPad.

Now that iTunes no longer handles e-books, how does one transfer pdf files from a PC to an Apple device?

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 10:46 AM

YOu can email them to yourself and save them from the email

You can use something like dropbox to upload/download them

You could use another PDF reader type app and if it supports file transfer, use that protocol in iTunes to transfer them

3 replies

Dec 15, 2018 11:07 AM in response to PC_to_Apple_Compatability

You can also use Apple’s cloud syncing service, iCloud.

I want to second what Skydiver119 said about file transferring using iTunes. I have used iOS File Sharing over and over again and it works very well. But like Skydiver119 said, you need an app that support pdf files. There are lots of them in the App Store.

Use iTunes to share files between your computer and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Dec 15, 2018 11:18 AM in response to Skydiver119

Thanks for your reply Skydiver119. I have used the email method in the past; but, that is tedious when I have several larger files to transfer from my work PC to my ipad. I'm still getting use to the "iLife" although, I've owned a Mac for a couple of years, I've never had the need to transfer pdf documents to my ipad from my PC.

In order to transfer many files at once, perhaps the iCloud will be the best method as Demo has suggested.

Pdf files from PC to iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.