Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-download videos from iCloud to iPhone

After a firmware reset of my iPhone i installed the iCloud backup.

Now it seems all of my camera videos are only stored in iCloud and i have to download them every time i want to watch a camera video on my iPhone.

Is there a way to get the videos back on my iPhone without loading them every time from iCloud?

BR Chris

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 7:39 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Chris!

I see you want to keep your videos stored on your iPhone so they do not have to be downloaded every time you want to view them. I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

In order for your videos to be stored on your iPhone, you will have to turn off storage optimization: Manage your photo and video storage

This would also keep your photos on your iPhone.

I hope this helps you out.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2018 7:39 AM in response to nightfreak

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Chris!

I see you want to keep your videos stored on your iPhone so they do not have to be downloaded every time you want to view them. I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

In order for your videos to be stored on your iPhone, you will have to turn off storage optimization: Manage your photo and video storage

This would also keep your photos on your iPhone.

I hope this helps you out.

Have a great day!

Re-download videos from iCloud to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.