Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport express and airplay 2

Hi

I have extended my wireless network via an express, and have another connected to a speaker. I’ve just bought another to connect to a stereo.

When I scan Wi-Fi via the utility app, there are 6 signals floating around - with another express it will be 8.

3 questions....

1.will all these WiFi signals interfere with each other or cause devices to struggle to remain connected consistently?

2 If I had the 2 streaming expresses set to ‘join a wireless network’ ( not extend) will I still be able to choose to airplay to one or both of them.

3 can I stream to both expresses independently eg laptop iTunes to one, amazon music to another?

Any comments welcome

thanks

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 6:47 AM

1.will all these WiFi signals interfere with each other or cause devices to struggle to remain connected consistently?

Possibly, but no way to know for sure until you try things out at your location

2 If I had the 2 streaming expresses set to ‘join a wireless network’ ( not extend) will I still be able to choose to airplay to one or both of them.

Yes, if you have the 2nd Generation versions of the AirPort Express.......the versions with 2 Ethernet ports

3 can I stream to both expresses independently eg laptop iTunes to one, amazon music to another?

No

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2018 6:47 AM in response to bungi

Possibly, but no way to know for sure until you try things out at your location

Yes, if you have the 2nd Generation versions of the AirPort Express.......the versions with 2 Ethernet ports

No

Airport express and airplay 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.