Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Notes on Apple Watch

Rhetorical question perhaps:

I wonder why Apple is not implementing Notes on Apple Watch ?

It'd be so useful and natural to have the notes handy by just watching the watch....

The answer may be, marketing reasons ? So developers can make their own app/business ? Ok ok but at least provide with a basic one then I can choose. It's same with Workout...it is there, basic but there. I use it but if I want more I go for Nike or others...

I do NOT want to feed 3rd party app with my notes, as simple as that. I keep sometimes confidential stuff that I don't want to "brodcast" (I already do it with Apple..so at least want to limit to that).

Weird. Yes, Apple is sometimes really hard to undertand.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 9:01 AM

Notes is not available for the Apple Watch. If you wish to let Apple know you would like to see a change, then you need to let Apple know. This is a user to user technical support forum and Apple does not participate here. To let Apple know, you use the feedback link here, Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

11 replies

Dec 29, 2018 9:14 AM in response to iP7GT

I do have an iCloud email account.

FYI: I have a company email account that also has a "Notes" folder, but it is for a Company Notes service, and NOT Apple Notes. When I enable both of them, I see 2 "Notes" folders on the Apple Watch, but different contents.

So Apple Notes to the Apple Watch is definitely a service having a free iCloud email account. Here is how to setup an iCloud email account:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2620?locale=en_US

Dec 18, 2018 12:24 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you Chris any comments is always appreciated.

I'm with Apple product because of their integration, ecosystem, and simply can't understand why Notes is not "integrated".

I won't use Notes on Watch to write notes actually, rather to read them when needed (I keep bank notes, some codes,..) for the work I do...it's pretty handy to look at the watch rather than searching for my iPhone, take it, switch it on etc etc..

Finger crossed :-)

Dec 29, 2018 7:54 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

This is a sore point for me, as well, and the reason I have not purchased an Apple Watch. It’s not about creating a note, although with Siri/dictation, that would be useful. It’s about referencing a synced note created on my Mac or iPhone without carrying extra stuff. Poor decision on their part, unless Apple users in general are more about being entertained or texting life as it happens than actually being productive. Guess I’m not the target audience any more, after being a Mac user for 33 years.

Dec 29, 2018 8:29 AM in response to yebdox

You can get your Notes on the Apple Watch! Not sure about composing or editing, but for reference you can do that.

iPhone "Watch" app -> Mail -> Include Mail -> iCloud -> Notes

You then read the Notes via Apple Watch -> Mail

This assumes you are sync'ing your Notes via iCloud.

There are 3rd party Notes apps as well

https://techwiser.com/6-best-apple-watch-notes-app-2018/

http://www.appsbestpro.com/2017/04/10-best-note-taking-apps-for-iphone-and-ipad-apple-watch.html

And the more people that submit feedback about having Apple Notes on the Apple Watch, the higher the probability engineering resources will be invested in making that happen. Just 1 vote is not going to be enough. Submit feedback early and often!

Dec 29, 2018 9:40 AM in response to BobHarris

Thank you. I’ve now created an iCloud.com account, I can add iCloud email and I see Notes on iPhone and replicated on the watch, I’ve also created 2 fake Notes on iCloud ...I can see them on the iPhone notes app but can’t see them on the watch (empty). From the Notes folder in email I create a note..it actually creates an email that anyhow I can find in the iCloud Notes...but still no trace on the watch ....

iPhone Notes on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.