Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and FaceTime on MacBook Air 2018

I use the same Apple ID on both my MacBook and iPhone. iMessage and FaceTime works fine on the phone. But when I try messaging or calling the same number on my MacBook, it says the number is not registered. And also, when I choose my MacBook from the speaker option while talking to somebody on the phone, I don't hear anything from my MacBook.

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 6:05 AM

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

If the log won’t post, try posting it here and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2018 6:05 AM in response to MACBOOKAIR2018

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

If the log won’t post, try posting it here and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Dec 28, 2018 8:49 PM in response to Eric Root

These are the screenshots of my problems. FaceTime works fine on my iPhone but won't let me sign in on my MacBook and stays forever on that loading screen. iMessage keeps hanging on that screen forever as well and doesn't let me sign in but works perfectly on my iPhone. My iPhone is running on IOS 12.0.1 and my MacBook is running on MacOs Mojave 10.14.2.

iMessage and FaceTime on MacBook Air 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.