Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Button nonworking

The home button on my iPhone 5s is not working. The phone was just given to me. The previous owner had a home button that appeared on the screen. When I reset the phone to prepare it for my personal use the home button on the screen was removed. I would like to get it back on there. It is probably some type of app but I can't find anything like it in the apple store.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 3:57 PM

You might want to have the iPhone looked at and decide if you want to repair the home button

Here is how to add a Touchscreen Home button on the screen

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/features/how-to-add-touch-screen-home-button-on-iphone-ipad-648588

How to Add Touchscreen Home Button on iPhone, iPad

1. Open Settings.
  2. Go to General > Accessibility
  3. Scroll down to the section labeled INTERACTION and tap on AssistiveTouch.
  4. On the next screen, toggle AssistiveTouch to the green On position.
  5. A white circle with a grey box will appear on screen. Tap this circle to expand it to a big box on screen. The square Home button at the bottom of the box functions exactly like the physical home button - you can use it to single tap, double tap, or long press the home button even if there is a hardware problem. The grey box remains visible and usable in all apps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2018 3:57 PM in response to HomeButton1

You might want to have the iPhone looked at and decide if you want to repair the home button

Here is how to add a Touchscreen Home button on the screen

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/features/how-to-add-touch-screen-home-button-on-iphone-ipad-648588

How to Add Touchscreen Home Button on iPhone, iPad

1. Open Settings.
  2. Go to General > Accessibility
  3. Scroll down to the section labeled INTERACTION and tap on AssistiveTouch.
  4. On the next screen, toggle AssistiveTouch to the green On position.
  5. A white circle with a grey box will appear on screen. Tap this circle to expand it to a big box on screen. The square Home button at the bottom of the box functions exactly like the physical home button - you can use it to single tap, double tap, or long press the home button even if there is a hardware problem. The grey box remains visible and usable in all apps.

Home Button nonworking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.