Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move iPhone home button after iOS 16 update?

after the last update my home button is in the wrong place and won't move

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 10:21 AM

7 replies

Sep 14, 2022 7:01 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hi wende210 is asking about the "virtual home button" which is an onscreen replacement of the old home button offered as an accessibility feature. It is basically a white dot you can move about on the screen. I too noticed that it is stuck. After a brief google fest I saw no useful information on the internet...and decide ye old "pull the plug" effective on every Mac desktop I have every had might be in order. Wende if you click your virtual home button and then press "device", you will get a secondary screen, then press "more" (three dots) to get to a tertiary screen. Then press "restart". Alternatively if you have restart mapped to the right bezel button you can restart that way. This is what worked for me. Sorry for the long paragraph I notice when chatting with apple techs that they don't fully document the breadcrumbs, working with folks that rely on accessibility features for 30 years I know that every step and button guides are kind of "the minimum" for the community. I hope this is helpful, we will see how this shakes out. This is a bug not an "undocumented feature" hopefully Apple will fix. Cheers, Freddie.

How do I move iPhone home button after iOS 16 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.