Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone experienced light reflection on their iPhone XS/XS Max?

This problem occurs when taking pictures at night with lights. I know phone cameras have lens flare, but this seems to be far worse than lens flare, and it only happens on iPhones while the Pixel phones seem to work flawless.

Does this have to do with the coating on the iPhone camera glass?

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 19, 2018 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2019 1:23 AM

Still having the same issue its really annoying

I went to apple store in dubai

They advised me to change the camera

I have replaced it twice!!! Still getting the same issue

I raised a complain to consumer rights they spoke to Apple...apple called me then after providing them all the proofs about the issue

They came back saying

Ohh this normal and expected behavior and this is their reply below......

....kindly note what is seen in the photos you shared are effects of lens flare. This is expected behaviour and happens when a bright source of light is shining through the lens and is a common occurrence in photography. Therefore, Apple will be unable to meet your request....

During the Phan call agent was trying to make me believe that the issue am facing same as when u want to shoot against the sun

And the colored flare Will appear in the shot

Apple should know our issue is the camera duplicates the light or ghosting the light in dark place in the pic

Finally I replaced the whole mobile and still having same issue.

However Mobiles with 300$ or even less doesn't give the same result ... By the way I have tried all iphone models starting from iPhone 8 till xs max all having the same issue but due to camera spec in xs max it's very obvious

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2019 1:23 AM in response to helvetiica

Still having the same issue its really annoying

I went to apple store in dubai

They advised me to change the camera

I have replaced it twice!!! Still getting the same issue

I raised a complain to consumer rights they spoke to Apple...apple called me then after providing them all the proofs about the issue

They came back saying

Ohh this normal and expected behavior and this is their reply below......

....kindly note what is seen in the photos you shared are effects of lens flare. This is expected behaviour and happens when a bright source of light is shining through the lens and is a common occurrence in photography. Therefore, Apple will be unable to meet your request....

During the Phan call agent was trying to make me believe that the issue am facing same as when u want to shoot against the sun

And the colored flare Will appear in the shot

Apple should know our issue is the camera duplicates the light or ghosting the light in dark place in the pic

Finally I replaced the whole mobile and still having same issue.

However Mobiles with 300$ or even less doesn't give the same result ... By the way I have tried all iphone models starting from iPhone 8 till xs max all having the same issue but due to camera spec in xs max it's very obvious

Has anyone experienced light reflection on their iPhone XS/XS Max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.