Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow screenshots on desktop after upgrade to Mojave and how to sync Voice Memo app?

Hi there,

I take lots of screenshots and either immediately move them to a particular folder or annotate them (great way to remember and follow instructional videos on YouTube, making notes/annotations as you go). Now with Mojave I get a floating image and then after a few seconds the image finally appears on the desktop. It's far too slow for my work. How do I get the image to appear immediately on the desktop without having to swipe the floating image to the right?

Also If I have the new Voice Memos on my Mac now, how do I sync this empty app with the 30+ memos on my iPhone so I have exactly the same version of memos on the two devices - normally I would just sync the phone to itunes?

Cheers

Posted on Dec 19, 2018 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2018 4:56 PM

When you have two or more questions you should create two or more posts. If for no other reason that someone may know the answer to one and not the other so may or may not reply.

As far as the screenshot, press "command + shift + 5" under Options, uncheck "Show Floating Thumbnail".

I'll let someone else answer the second question.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2018 4:56 PM in response to Bardonicloud

When you have two or more questions you should create two or more posts. If for no other reason that someone may know the answer to one and not the other so may or may not reply.

As far as the screenshot, press "command + shift + 5" under Options, uncheck "Show Floating Thumbnail".

I'll let someone else answer the second question.

Dec 20, 2018 3:31 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks very much.

Re Voice Memos, I clicked on iCloud Drive > Docs. The thing is I don't want docs synced and it's never been ticked.

Going into iCloud Drive options, I can see the new Voice Memos app ticked.

So is it possible if docs isn't ticked to sync between the 30+ memos on the phone and the empty Mac Voice Memos app, I;'m guessing not?

Slow screenshots on desktop after upgrade to Mojave and how to sync Voice Memo app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.