Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on Macbook Pro doesn't recognize my iPhone 6s when connecting to USB

So I recently tried to plug my iPhone 6s into my 2012 MacBook Pro to sync my new music to my iPhone. When I connected my iPhone to my Mac and then opened iTunes, a notification saying "To use your iPhone with iTunes, you need to install OS X 10.11.4 (or later)". So I updated my MacBook to macOS High Sierra 10.13.4, thinking that I needed to update to the latest version available to my computer. Then when I tried to plug my iPhone again to my Mac, no notification came up but neither did the iPhone icon that would pop up in iTunes when I wanted to add more music to my iPhone from my mac. So now I don't know how I can sync my music from my mac to my iPhone because it does not recognize it. I also don't know if I need to update my Mac to something newer or not because it does not notify me of any computer updates anymore. Please help!!

MacBook (Starting Late 2009)

Posted on Dec 20, 2018 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply
1 reply

iTunes on Macbook Pro doesn't recognize my iPhone 6s when connecting to USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.