Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this a scam email?

Hello,

I just received an email, and because I have recently changed my address

I'm not 100% sure if this is a scam email. (I assume for some reasons that it is!)

=================

Hi Customer,

Your Apple ID will be disable because of some violated policies.

The following changes to your Apple id were made on December 2018

Time & Date :  21 Dec 2018 at 03:18 am utc

Billing information has been changes - Statement in attached file

We need to verify your account information in order for you to keep continue using you apple id account.

Please the attached file and verify your apple id before 24 hours or your apple id will be disable

Thank You

Apple Team Manage

=============

attached PDF:

=============

Apple SupportHi Customer,

Your Apple ID will Be disable Because of Some Violated Policies

The following changes to your Apple ID were made on 21 December, 2018 at 03:18 am utc

We have noticed that your account information appears to be invalid and unverified.

We need to verify your account information in order for you to continue using your Apple ID Account

You need to sign and verify it as soon as possible, you should do this soon because disabled accounts are eventually deleted along emails, iCloud, and other data stored with Apple

you should change your password as soon as possible from your Apple ID account page at https://appleid.apple.com.

Please verify your identity, we recommend that you go to Verify Now

Sign In

Sincerely, Apple. Support

Apple ID | Support | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2018 One Apple Park Way, Cupertino, CA 95014, United States All Rights Reserved.

=========

Since this is a PDF I can't see where the link goes, but when I click it,

it gets redirected and finally ends on the REAL https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin page!

How could a scam work if I would enter information there? (of course I didn't)

Many thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 21, 2018 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2018 2:12 PM

Yes, it is a scam. Apple would not refer to you as “Dear Customer”, since they know who you are.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Similar questions

11 replies

Dec 21, 2018 2:38 PM in response to coxorange

They would get your Apple ID, password, and whatever other information you entered.

Apple won't send you an email/text telling you your account is disabled. You will find out the next time you try to log in somewhere.

The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Dec 22, 2018 6:48 AM in response to hasano5

> some clues as to what makes it a spam email. However, another really obvious one is the grammar

> mistakes such as "will be disable", "in order for you to keep continue" and "or your apple id will be disable"

I noticed that. What bothers me is: can Safari show a correct domain like xxxxx.apple.com/xxxxx

PLUS the green lock symbol even though I am on another site??

Today I clicked the link again and now it ended at:

https://secure2-appleid.recovery.updatepersonal-infoaccount.support/Auths

and displayed:

Not Found

The requested URL /Auths was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.37 (cPanel) OpenSSL/1.0.2q mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at secure2-appleid.recovery.updatepersonal-infoaccount.support Port 443

Does this explain what they had tried?

Is this a scam email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.