Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie footage lost

Hi, my iMovie clips and audios are frequently lost in the timeline/event when I edited a movie with size over 30 min. The size of lost clips can go up to 4 min. It is very frustrating that I have to put those edited clips and audios back to the position again and again and again from the media library. Do you know if there is a way that I can fix the problem? Thank you.

Macbook (2015 or later)

Posted on Dec 21, 2018 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2018 11:04 AM

The first thing to try is to open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the problem persists.

If no luck with deleting preferences, try creating a new project to see if the problem replicates.

Another thing you can try is to open iMovie in a different or new library and see if the problem appears in new projects that you create there. To open in a new library, open iMovie while holding down the Option key. A box will appear that will allow you to choose or create another library.

-- Rich

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2018 11:04 AM in response to omow

The first thing to try is to open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the problem persists.

If no luck with deleting preferences, try creating a new project to see if the problem replicates.

Another thing you can try is to open iMovie in a different or new library and see if the problem appears in new projects that you create there. To open in a new library, open iMovie while holding down the Option key. A box will appear that will allow you to choose or create another library.

-- Rich

iMovie footage lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.