Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone doesn’t allow taking photos - says it has no space but it does

Hi everyone, I have an iPhone 6s with 16gb of memory. I’m on vacation so I have 50gb of iCloud storage, which has 2gb used. My iPhone storage has ~5gb free (I don’t know if it includes the space that the system occupies). It says that the photos only occupy 100mb so I can’t understand why it says it’s full or how I can fix it. I really need the free space so I can record my vacation so it’s quite urgent. Thank you in advance

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 23, 2018 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2018 5:11 PM

Photos must be saved to the memory on the phone, not to iCloud, so the amount of iCloud space you have is irrelevant. You do have a very large Other, which usually means you have data corruption on your phone. But 5 GB should be enough memory for around 1,000 photos. If you haven't rebooted yet try restarting the phone as described in this article -->Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

There are other more advanced solutions, but they require restoring your phone using a computer, which may not be practical on vacation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2018 5:11 PM in response to beatrizmartins

Photos must be saved to the memory on the phone, not to iCloud, so the amount of iCloud space you have is irrelevant. You do have a very large Other, which usually means you have data corruption on your phone. But 5 GB should be enough memory for around 1,000 photos. If you haven't rebooted yet try restarting the phone as described in this article -->Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

There are other more advanced solutions, but they require restoring your phone using a computer, which may not be practical on vacation.

iPhone doesn’t allow taking photos - says it has no space but it does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.