Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls ring on both phones.

I just purchased 2 iPhone XRs, one for me and one for my husband. Love the phones. But, whenever a call comes in on one phone the other phone rings with the same incoming call. It happens whether the call comes first from my phone or my husbands, it then rings on the other phone. I have never had this happen with our old phones. Do I not have something configured correctly?

Posted on Dec 24, 2018 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2018 1:08 PM

First, that indicates that you are both using the same Apple ID. It is recommended that each person have their own Apple ID. You can do that and still share selected things via Family Sharing. Family Sharing - Apple Support

As Apple syncs more and more things via iCloud, using the same Apple ID becomes more and more undesirable.

Regardless of the above, you can go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices and turn off Allow Calls on Other Devices. There is more information on that in the Cellular Calls section of Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2018 1:08 PM in response to Weatherby65-300

First, that indicates that you are both using the same Apple ID. It is recommended that each person have their own Apple ID. You can do that and still share selected things via Family Sharing. Family Sharing - Apple Support

As Apple syncs more and more things via iCloud, using the same Apple ID becomes more and more undesirable.

Regardless of the above, you can go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices and turn off Allow Calls on Other Devices. There is more information on that in the Cellular Calls section of Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Calls ring on both phones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.