Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor Will Not Output Audio 48kHz

I recently updated to the latest Compressor version 4.4.3. It will not output any of my existing saved presets or new with 48kHz audio. Anyone else experience this? Any fix?

I receive the following error message from FCPX (version 10.4.4): "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomain error -1.)"

Using Hardware:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

macOs Majave 10.14.2

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Dec 24, 2018 11:41 PM

10 replies

Dec 25, 2018 9:19 AM in response to KITT2010

I'm not seeing this, but...

Open Compressor by itself. Clear any and all batch jobs. Go to Preferences, to Advanced and click the Reset Queue button. Do a "Clear All Jobs" function. Click it again and do a "Repair Compressor" function. Reboot your Mac. I'd open Disk Utility and run a First Aid on all drives for safe measure.

Dec 26, 2018 8:31 PM in response to KITT2010

OK, here's what I would do next. Go to this site, download the free app "FCS Remover" and use it to totally remove Compressor from your system (custom presets should remain).

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/

Then launch the App Store, click on your name at the bottom left, then scroll down to fine Compressor, and click the Install icon (cloud with a downward arrow). This will give you a fresh copy of the latest version. Let's see if that helps.

Dec 26, 2018 8:55 PM in response to KITT2010

Aside from verifying you have the lates ProApp Support update, not sure what else there is to do. If this is a custom preset, try rebuilding it. I'm transcoding to 48kHz audio daily.

So, what are the specs of your source material, and what are the specs of the preset you're trying to use (is it custom or stock)?

Dec 26, 2018 9:28 PM in response to BenB

Trying to output to any 48kHz I receive that message. It doesn't matter which preset I'm using. Yes, they are all custom and I've used them in the past on various projects, so they have worked. All my apps are up to date. One project is a 1080p 30 fps at 48kHz, another is a 1080p 29.97 fps at 48 kHz, which I then output to Compressor at that same sepc.

Compressor Will Not Output Audio 48kHz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.