Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't I add apps to the dock on my ipad pro(ios12.1.1

Any ideas on why I can't add apps to the dock on my ipad> No matter how many times I dragNdrop an app on the dock it just returns to its original position on the homescreen, it only allows one app on the dock but I'd like to be able to have the dock across the entire screen full of apps.

Posted on Dec 25, 2018 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 10:38 PM

Yes they are shaking and yes I reboot my ipad every other day at a minimum and still when I try to drop apps on the dock they won't stay put,I am not new to idevices and never had this problem with my previous ipad nor any of my iPhones

7 replies

Dec 26, 2018 4:52 AM in response to leftynomore

Two additional things to consider... which may or may not help you:

1) Whilst, from your description, I think it unlikely - have you already exceeded the maximum number of Apps in your dock? The maximum number varies by iPad model/screen size.

2) Make sure that any App that you drag to the dock is dragged into the main section of the dock - and not the right-hand area. The right-hand section is reserved for “recently used” Apps that are not already in the main section of the dock.

why can't I add apps to the dock on my ipad pro(ios12.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.