Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App upside down - screen rotation not locked

Just one of the apps on my iPad opens and is upside down. I have erased it and reinstalled it but to no avail.

I have checked control center and rotation is not locked.

Any help most welcome!

Posted on Dec 25, 2018 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 9:37 PM

I had this happen to me years ago with an app I downloaded. If I remember correctly, it may have been a glitch with the developer.

Do you have your iPad in portrait or landscape mode when you open the app? Try this out......

If you usually use the app in portrait mode, have your iPad in landscape mode when you start up the app and then spin your iPad to portrait mode to see if the app spins correctly.

If you use the app in landscape mode, do the opposite. It may be a glitch in the coding for which way the alignment is supposed to be on startup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2018 9:37 PM in response to danmartinnt

I had this happen to me years ago with an app I downloaded. If I remember correctly, it may have been a glitch with the developer.

Do you have your iPad in portrait or landscape mode when you open the app? Try this out......

If you usually use the app in portrait mode, have your iPad in landscape mode when you start up the app and then spin your iPad to portrait mode to see if the app spins correctly.

If you use the app in landscape mode, do the opposite. It may be a glitch in the coding for which way the alignment is supposed to be on startup.

Dec 26, 2018 11:26 AM in response to danmartinnt

Hello danmartinnt,

I see that you're having an issue with one of your apps on your iPad being upside down. I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to provide you with some information that can help with this.

You mentioned that you've already deleted and reinstalled the app. That was a great step to take. Next, let's have you take a look at the following article and go step by step and then test after each step. If the issue remains, you'll want to follow step 5 in this article and contact the developer.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a great day!

App upside down - screen rotation not locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.