Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning wheel when signing in with two factor authentication.

After entering our user name and password, I get a 6 digit code on the trusted device but then the iPhone I am trying to sign in only has a spinning wheel and won’t ever have anything come up where we can enter the security code. Anyone know how to get the device to allow us to enter the code and stop just spinning a wheel?

Posted on Dec 25, 2018 3:23 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 26, 2018 12:39 PM in response to J.brow

Hello J.brow,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've been unable to sign into an Apple ID on an iPhone.

Have you been able to sign in since you made this post? If not, I have a few steps that may help.

Is the iPhone in question responsive, or does it appear to be frozen? If it's still responding, Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and see if this helps. On the other hand, if it's unresponsive entirely, you may need to force restart. The steps will vary by device, and you'll find them in the "If your screen is black or frozen" section of this link: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

Once you restart, give it a try. If the issue persists, I recommend making sure that you've tried signing in using a Wi-Fi connection, and a cellular connection. If you find one of these works, it should enable you sign in successfully.

I hope this helps.

Take care.

Spinning wheel when signing in with two factor authentication.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.